And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

January 14, 2007: 31 weeks

Weekend mission accomplished. Just barely.

We went to Costco this weekend and found a desk. We didn't buy it immediately, instead went home and downloaded the measurements and then measured our library. Yikes. It was a huge setup. An L shaped desk with an additional long wing type desk. The problem with Costco, they have great prices (most of the time) but it is often a lot more than you really want or need. We just didn't have room for that third "desk" - the part that turned the L into a U. Ugh. I mocked up my library on graph paper and even measured the existing furniture, marked in the one immovable pieces of furniture (that truly does limit nearly everything else you want to do in that room) and played with it. We figured out how to make it work and then skepticism set in. Do we really want to make it work? Or do we keep looking.

This morning I knew that we wouldn't get out in the morning. The SeaHawks were playing in the playoffs at 10am. And since this isn't a purchase I cared to do by myself, I gave up. My nesting urge was killing me. I *needed* to get a desk purchased this weekend to stay on my schedule for preparing for the baby.

I sat down at the OfficeMax website this early afternoon and found a set almost immediately. I called AB in and he agreed that it wasn't just my "need" to get this done. It was exactly what we wanted. I bought it there and then. And now we will just hope that the desk that arrives this week is as high of quality as it appeared online.

Check one thing off my list.

I checked my e-mail yesterday and got a notification for a sale at Figleaves.com. I browsed over there... surely they wouldn't have maternity bras on sale, would they? Score! I bought two that were normally $55 on sale for $17, we will now hope that my size is about the same as I was with Leif. I seriously coveted the line of "Blossom Mother and Child" that were normally $110 on sale for $35... but since the largest size was a 36C it suddenly made sense why they were on sale so substantially. Because seriously, who is a 36C or smaller while nursing? (Don't answer that.)

Another thing checked off the list.

And just to round out the checks... a case of wipes and size 2 diapers were purchased at Costco. (I know we won't use the diapers for months, but I couldn't pass up the $8 off coupon.)

I am feeling ok. I have a horrible back ache and have been quietly cussing the new massage therapist for closing off her Saturday afternoon schedule and bumping me to next Saturday. I am still feeling huge. Heartburn is a constant battle. Kicking is intense and sometimes painful. But all is good!

Revised List
2. Remove contents from guest room (done once, but the items grew legs and crept back).

3. Paint guest room for Leif.

4. Paint elephant on the wall of the guest room and move Leif’s toys and fun stuff over to entice him over to the bigger room. (Since at this point the “bigger” room holds no appeal.)

5. Address furniture needs, shelves for Leif’s books and a dresser for the nursery. Admit that a trip to Ikea is really out of the question before the baby comes and resolve to “live” with whatever I can find here.

6. Figure out where all the stuff (wedding stuff, suitcases, wine, etc) from the guest room is going (attic, garage, formal dining room…) and put it there.

7. Put Christmas stuff in the attic at the same time.

8. While in the attic and the nursery is pretty much cleaned out courtesy of Leif’s evacuation, bring the baby stuff down.

9. Now the fun begins… Sort through the baby stuff. Figure out what should be donated versus kept and washed. Wash.

10. Find and buy going home outfits.
(I am having serious problems with this... I have to buy two outfits, one for a boy and one for a girl, AND be able to return one. And I don't want to mail it back. Which means I have to find cute clothes locally. *sigh*)

11. Inventory… what do we need?
-Infant Advil and Tylenol
-Newborn Diapers
-Pacifiers
-New bottle nipples
-Diaper Genie refills.

12. Buy above items we need

13. Pack bag (LIGHTLY) for the hospital
.-Camera and extra batteries
-Videocamera
-Going home outfits
-Comfy, but decent looking clothes for me going home. Maternity is a must... silly me last time thought I would be going home in regular clothes.
-Travel size containers of shampoo etc.
-Brush
-Chapstick
-Hair bands
-Soft socks
-Baby book
-(What else?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home