Jan 1, 2007: 29 weeks 2 days, A pants rant
I hate pants. I am sitting here contemplating what to wear to the grocery store. I am settling with a pair of maternity jeans from Old Navy that "claims" to be a "full panel". HA! My ass. (Or maybe I should say my fat ass, right now.)
This "full panel" comes almost halfway up my belly. If it was halfway up, I would be golden, but the "almost" is what is killing me. Which means it slides down, rapidly, then the behind inches down AND takes my big granny maternity underwear with them. Misery.
I had one marginally acceptable pair of maternity jeans I bought from Mimi Maternity that were not inexpensive. They came with a full panel and one long ass drawstring just in case the diameter of your waist fell in the six foot range. I have struggled with this drawstring because a shoe string thick drawstring does not hold tight, nor hold up a pair of denim jeans. Still, more acceptable to constantly fiddle with the drawstring then to have your pants around your knees.
That pair bit the dust last Wednesday, amidst a pile of tears of frustration. And the way they were constructed, they aren't even repairable. I can't just rethread the drawstring and attach it. No, I can't even explain the calamity. I have a sliver of hope of threading in elastic where the drawstring used to reside and repairing them that way. IF I can find the time.
I went online shopping today and everything I could find was demi panel, or "under the belly". Yeah, I have a few of those, they were nice during that first trimester. I was even willing to spend $68 per pair at The Gap (I was that desperate) except that NONE of their full panel styles were available in my size. Hello, size 2 and 4 maternity jeans are apparently not moving very well.
I have two pairs of yoga pants, a pair of nice maternity pants for work and two skirts (that I would live in if I could). So at nearly 30 weeks pregnant (10 weeks left) I spent $100 on more maternity pants and $20 to have them sent next day air. Money I would have far rather spent on a new baby monitor, or those neat candle sconces for my "formal dining room" from Pottery Barn, or a prenatal massage and pedicure. Oh well. Instead I will now have three more pairs of pants (cheap ones) that I can complain about.
I didn't have this complication the first time around with Leif. My mom told me she can tell why I am struggling with this... I am carrying this baby much higher than I did Leif. (Who I thought I carried near my chin.) This makes sense though... I can't believe I am 29 weeks and my ribs are already sore and how short of breathe I am.
End of pants rant.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home