And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Too much of a good thing... a really, really good thing.

There is apparently such a thing. I went to the dentist yesterday to see what he could tell me about my aching, red, irritated gums. About a week ago I was sure I was coming down with pregnancy gingivitis. Positive. So I started bumping up my brushing, rinsing and flossing routine. Three brushings, two Listerine rinses and two flossings a day. This should nip the pregnancy gingivitis in the butt!

Yeah, didn’t happen. Things got worse until Tuesday night I couldn’t sleep due to my gums and got up and searched the internet. Not the smartest thing when you have an ailment in the middle of the night. At 1:45am I was convinced I must have an abscess that was spreading rapidly. I called my dentist first thing in the morning and asked to be seen.

I got in and he looked at my poor gums. Yeah, red, yeah irritated, but no pregnancy gingivitis and no abscess. Ok, he didn’t take an x-ray but brushed it off that I didn’t have the signs or symptoms of an abscess. The verdict?

Citrus. My yummy, yummy grapefruit and orange juice addiction have done this to me! Ok, so it was also made worse by further irritation by my excessive brushing and the Listerine rinses that are further drying out my gums.

24 hours and no citrus (only dying a little inside) and my gums are nearly back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home