Physical Exhaustion
Physical tiredness. My body is tired. Last night I got home, sat on the couch and wasn’t sure I was going to be able to move from there. I wasn’t like this with Leif. With his pregnancy I was walking all over the place, I had no problems standing for long periods of time. I never had backaches, and the whining was minimal.
This pregnancy is killing me now. Yesterday I went over to work in the lab for the afternoon. We have a client visiting this week and I needed to get my little corner looking good. One of the new, young, mechanical engineers came over with me to get my system properly mounted. Then like a young guy who would never presume I might need additional help doing things I normally have no problem doing, he left. Frankly, I would have been surprised had he offered to stay to help and would have brushed his offer off quickly with a “no, I have everything under control”.
My older co-PI (mid to late 50’s) came into the lab and wouldn’t take no for an answer. He was there and was bound and determined to pick things up off the floor for me, to climb stairs to retrieve wrenches from the other labs, and to move things for me. Normally, it would have offended me, I am perfectly capable and don’t just assume because I am female that I am incapable.
Last night I sat on my couch and said to AB, “I don’t know how I would feel right now if Charles didn’t help me so much this afternoon, but it would NOT be good.”
My limits with physical activity have dropped substantially. I have to accept help in the lab. And I now have reasons why I need to spend a good part of my day at my desk (not that I normally don’t).
I rejuvenated quickly last night. Conveniently after AB had dinner made and nearly on the table.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home