And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

January 21, 2007: 32 weeks

This weekend was huge for moving us along in the direction of organization, which satisfies my nesting urges. We received our desk and file cabinet this week and AB spent literally the entire day today assembling it... in front of the two divisional playoff games, of course. It looks fantastic. So the desk is still pending two drawers, right now there is an open space that fits nearly perfectly, a 2.5 year old. The file cabinet has done a huge amount simply for organization and places to put things and the desk just offers our library a more finished look (as opposed to two utility tables from Costco).

I moved a few things around in the library and have been working on organization of the area throughout the day while AB worked and worked on assembly.

I have yet to make many real purchases for the baby. We ran to the mall yesterday and I had intentions of looking for "going home outfits". I looked at Old Navy and Children's Place quickly as I browsed sale items for Leif, but saw nothing that jumped out at me as the perfect going home outfit. I think my mind was on getting the mall errands done so we could get Leif down for a nap and I could get to my prenatal massage appointment. So I will have to head back to the mall later with that purpose in mind.

I did get out and fetch groceries yesterday and while there picked up the first pack of newborn diapers. I chuckled at the fact that it seemed far more like a package of wipes with a refill then a package of diapers. I got them home and AB was shocked to see that something so small could be a pack of diapers. And I truly do not believe the packages were any larger 2.5 years ago. I need one more package of newborn diapers and then a package of size 1's.

I have a long list for Target next weekend where I plan to buy a lot of my disposible things for the baby... or at least things I don't want to reuse from Leif.

Next weekend will be busy as I already warned AB we will be emptying the guest room, making a stack of stuff to go to Goodwill and prepping it for paint. He agrees that this needs to get done.

The new list (for as little that has been crossed off, I really do feel like we got a lot accomplished):

2. Remove contents from guest room (done once, but the items grew legs and crept back).

3. Paint guest room for Leif.

4. Paint elephant on the wall of the guest room and move Leif’s toys and fun stuff over to entice him over to the bigger room. (Since at this point the “bigger” room holds no appeal.)

5. Address furniture needs, shelves for Leif’s books and a dresser for the nursery. Admit that a trip to Ikea is really out of the question before the baby comes and resolve to “live” with whatever I can find here.

6. Figure out where all the stuff (wedding stuff, suitcases, wine, etc) from the guest room is going (attic, garage, formal dining room…) and put it there.

7. Put Christmas stuff in the attic at the same time.

8. While in the attic and the nursery is pretty much cleaned out courtesy of Leif’s evacuation, bring the baby stuff down.

9. Now the fun begins… Sort through the baby stuff. Figure out what should be donated versus kept and washed. Wash.

10. Find and buy going home outfits.(I am having serious problems with this... I have to buy two outfits, one for a boy and one for a girl, AND be able to return one. And I don't want to mail it back. Which means I have to find cute clothes locally. *sigh*)

11. Inventory… what do we need?
-Infant Advil and Tylenol
-Newborn Diapers (need 1 more package and size 1's)
-Pacifiers
-New bottle nipples
-Diaper Genie refills.
-Baby clothes detergent

12. Buy above items we need

13. Pack bag (LIGHTLY) for the hospital.
-Camera and extra batteries
-Videocamera
-iPod and little speakers
-Going home outfits
-Comfy, but decent looking clothes for me going home. Maternity is a must... silly me last time thought I would be going home in regular clothes.
-Travel size containers of shampoo etc.
-Brush
-Chapstick
-Hair bands
-Soft socks
-Baby book
-(What else?)

14. Install infant carseat and get checked.

15. Pack Leif a bag... Not sure what all will go in it, but just in case the need arises to drop him with friends, he needs a bag of clothes and things for daycare.
-Underwear
-Clothes
-Diapers for night
-Pajamas
-Extra carseat
-Blanket
-Pillow
-Teddy bear or lion
-Lunchbox

16. Birth plan. Ok, so I really didn't need it last time, but I need to have it just to remind me.

17. Complete preregistration for hospital (and turn in this week at appointment).

18. Write up directions for mom, who to call, e-mail, directions for Leif...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home