And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

32 week appointment

All is still well. My measuring 2 weeks ahead last visit must have been a fluke. I measured right at 32 weeks this time around.

BP – 90/56
Weight gain since last appt 3 wks ago – 4 lbs (Total of 15 lbs gained)
Heartrate – 140 bpm

I received nothing but praise. Still very low risk. Baby is head down and he expects at this point the baby will stay head down.

It was a quick, uneventful appointment. Talked to him about my horrible heartburn. But that was about it!

I can actually cross a few things off my to do list! And it isn’t even the weekend. I dropped off my pre-registration forms at the hospital and printed up my insurance claim form I am required to bring when I check in. AND today I ordered two going home “outfits” online. I am a Gymboree fanatic for my son. I will say though, that I don’t think I have ever paid full price for a thing from their store. Of course that means I do a lot of shopping for next year, but I am fine with that and so far with Gymboree (knock on wood) I have never had a problem with next year’s items not fitting.

If you shop their sales, often their prices are comparable to Children’s Place and such. I am thoroughly happy with their fits, the adjustable waist pants (love those) and the high quality t-shirts. I don’t even balk at buying white background t-shirts there for Leif because I have never had a shirt from there that I couldn’t get a stain out of using my routine washing methods. Plus, Leif loves the soft appliqués.

Ok, back to the topic at hand… I bought two cardigans from Gymboree for going home outfits. My plan, as suggested by V, is to buy one pair of white soft cotton pants, a white soft cotton long sleeved onesie and socks and then two different tops. I very nearly went with the super soft Hanna Anderssen rocking horse sweaters that V sent me a link for. So close. In the end I went with the Gymboree cardigans. They were the same price, but the ease in running the unused cardigan back to the mall for credit won out. Returns can sometimes be a hassle if they aren’t within 30 days from the time of purchase. And with Gymboree, I can at least get store credit still after 60 days in case I don’t get there immediately. And since I am still 52 days to my due date, return times are a factor to me.

So here they are:


For a girl, I waffled between the pink alligator one above and a peach flowered cardigan. But after having a boy first I decided that IF I have a girl this time around *I* need something pink for her to come home in.

I look at these two cardigans and something in me tells me we will be using the pink one. In fact, I had a hard time even choosing a boy’s cardigan simply because it just didn’t seem natural to me. I did resist the urge to buy more newborn girl’s clothes though even though they were on sale. Just in case… I was wrong with Leif!

1 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Jo said...

*I* think you're going to use the pink one. Very cute btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home