December 3, 2006: 25 weeks 1 day
The end of my second trimester is looming. This strikes fear in me. Not because I fear labor, on the contrary I am a weirdo who is fascinated by the process and is looking forward to birthing another baby. I am afraid because I seriously lack time. A very precious commodity. Leif’s new room (my guest room) needs to be re-cleaned out thanks to my stacking many, many Christmas presents in there and as a place to stash the Christmas storage boxes. (Why I really need a 4th bedroom.) Then it needs to be painted. Then the furniture swap can begin. Then either Leif or the new baby needs a dresser. Then, then, then…
Once we get Leif situated then I can get things ready for the baby, cleaning up the nursery, organizing and washing itty bitty clothes and getting myself mentally ready. I think my nesting has started. I cannot get and keep my house clean enough for me and it is making me crazy. I had a minor hormonal episode this past weekend over photographs, I contained the one that was brewing about the state of my house. Instead I headed out and shopped with V instead. Retail therapy.
I am at a loss with what to do for dressers. I would like to move the one I painted with a safari theme over to Leif’s new room since he loves it and “gets” the animals. A new baby won’t. Hans suggested we find another dresser and refinish it. But the time crunch has me saying no way, I will be pushing it to get the elephant painted. I actually love the Ikea blue Dr. Suess looking thing for the nursery and the price is right… but we have no plans to head to Seattle anytime soon, and unfortunately I see a dresser as one of those things that I will need soon as I will not live out of Rubbermaid tubs. For being one of the top retail giants of the world, Ikea really needs to get with the program with their online catalog options. Yes, I could buy this online and pay over twice the price of the item for delivery ($248.68 to be exact for shipping ONLY). What would I seriously be paying someone to drive it over the mountains to me? Oh and then here is what AB would love, “assembly required”. Which knowing Ikea, and I do know Ikea, means you must assemble every single little piece of this dresser.
Sigh. I need something unique and cheap. Ideas?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home