And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

December 12: 26 weeks 2 days

It wasn't so bad after all. The glucose test, that is. I kept nearly forgetting about it, until I get in my car and see the form waiting for me. AB dropped Leif at daycare I fasted and ran to the lab first thing, dressed as a very grumpy pregnant woman who wanted to eat. My reward for completion of this task was a trip for donuts from Spudnuts afterwards. Yum. Who knew donuts made from potato flour could be so dang good.

Oh and this exchange killed me:

"I would like one chocolate raised donut and a cinnamon roll," I said.

"The cinnamon rolls are still quite warm, do you still want one?" asked the overly grumpy counter woman.

?!?! Is anyone as confused as me? I very nearly said, "no actually, I want four now and my hips thank you".

I told her I did still want one and her response: "Well I will have to put it in a seperate bag otherwise the warmth will cause the chocolate frosting on the other to run."

"I can manage two bags," I tell her.

It is good their donuts are so dang good because their service there is just plain abysmal. I get the feeling if you are a "regular", one of the retired white haired people taking up every single table in the place (I have seriously never found a table there), then you get special treatment. Otherwise take your donuts and go.

Last week I had a doctor’s appointment and it was so uneventful I never even blogged about it. I need to work on my water consumption, really need to get that back up there. Otherwise, I am up 2 lbs this month, 8 pounds total. My bp is very, very low. I am measuring “about right”. The heartrate was 150 bpm.

With Leif I felt great the entire pregnancy. I didn’t know what people were talking about with a third trimester slow down. I will now emerge from my sheltered box. I have no energy. I thought AB was going to have to carry me back to the car after the Santa trip to the mall on Saturday. I get tired, then my stomach starts aching. Bad enough that I very nearly double over in pain. Same thing happens if I don’t drink as much water as I should. It isn’t contractions, it is constant, but with the same intensity as mild contractions. It is more than Braxton-Hicks, which I have occasionally this time around (never with Leif). It is a little concerning, but from reading, not overly uncommon and is probably just my body’s signal that I need to slow down, get off my feet and drink some water.

I don’t look over 6 months pregnant, plus the fact that when I was pregnant with Leif I was still going full speed at this point. So it comes as no surprise to me that those close to me are taken aback by my sudden lethargy and statements of “I have to sit down, NOW”. My work days are far easier on me then staying at home. I joked the other day with a coworker that I would laugh if my doctor put me on bedrest… I get more rest at work then I do at home anyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home