August 28: 11 weeks 1 day
This past week really flew by. Before I know it I will be finishing up my first trimester! In one sense it has really flown by, in another I am thinking, “It’s about time!” My morning sickness is letting up a little. It isn’t so vital that I get that Zofran into my system immediately upon waking up. I have two little magic pills left and am hoping that I won’t “need” to get anymore. They are just so expensive, and yes, I have insurance. But still, I am money conscious and $400 of my insurance companies money is not something I want to just spend willy nilly either.
Not a lot to report today. My next exam is in two weeks and I am anxiously awaiting hearing the heartbeat. I still worry that there could be two in there. Not that I have any signs of twins (other than the nausea from hell) and twins don’t run in my family… but still I worry. The thought of paying for two in daycare pains me, three? That would just send me over the edge.
AB pulled my maternity clothes down from the attic this past week. About half of them are just plain bad, ugly. Lots are hand me downs from my SIL from her first and second summer babies. Others came from the only maternity “store” in the area while I was pregnant… JCPenneys. Cheap, but fugly. Cannot wear them. I am boxing them up and donating to Goodwill. Another 25% are pretty seriously summer clothes. I might get a little wear out of the short sleeved shirts. But when the weather starts to shift, I am a long sleeved person. The remaining 25% of clothes left will probably work for me for at least some time.
While pregnant with Leif I had some of the low rise, elastic waistband maternity clothes. I found them horrible and could not stand them. Funny though, now I realize what that type of pants are really meant for… this early phase. They would not stay up when I was pregnant with Leif and I am now realizing, I was just too big for them then. I have added the two pairs of Capri pants with the low elastic waist to my current rotation and have found myself very pleased with them.
I am seriously lacking on good long (not Capri) pants for this fall as well as long sleeved shirts and a nice outfit or two. I have a holiday dress and sweater that I bought when I was pregnant with Leif for a ridiculously low price. It was so inexpensive that I didn’t even care that I may not have an occasion to wear it to while pregnant with him. But I was reassured in the fact that IF I should have an event requiring a nice dress, I had one. Oh and I also have the maternity tights to go with.
I was seriously happy about the return of my Mimi maternity undies. I forgot how seriously wonderful they are. I may have to pick up another set. I had completely forgotten about the two Mimi bras I had as well. Yay!
So my plan is that since I won’t be buying much in the way of baby goodies, that I *need* some seriously cute maternity clothes for this fall and winter. I can’t wait to go shopping!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home