And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Monday, August 07, 2006

August 7, 2006: 8 weeks 1 day

Only eight weeks? I have got to be at least twelve by now!

So after talking with a friend of mine last week I made the call to my doctor, who phoned me in a prescription for the nausea. Compazine. Lesson learned, do not, ever, in any instance, look up side effects of drugs on the internet. The whole swollen tongue, unable to speak coupled with anxiety (gee you think you would get anxiety from that?) thing made it really hard to swallow pill number one. Despite the fact that it is listed as a complication/allergy in elderly women. I sure feel elderly anymore! When does elderly start anyway? Is 30 the new 40, or is it the other way around? Anyways, the Compazine makes my day hit or miss. Saturday I was still puking a few times, Sunday was the best day I have had in weeks. Today is in between. Go figure.

We went to the Farmer’s Market this weekend to hear our friend’s band play. My kind of gig… where I can go hear the band at 10am Saturday morning. Awww, the life of a mom. Our friend is in my book club and so a number of girls from book club were there, only one that knows I am pregnant. I really wanted to come out and admit why I wasn’t at book club, not just “I was sick, but I was sick because I am pregnant”. But I am just not one that is very good at divulging personal info like that. September… they will learn then when I don’t drink. (Ok, I don’t drink *that* much!)

So it is just the same old here. Leif had his well child visit last week and we told our doctor that we are expecting number two. She will be a great resource I believe because her two sons are nearly the exact age separation. I love her attitude too, explaining that Leif will likely not be ready to potty train until the week before the baby is born, then the hard work comes, once they are potty trained and getting him to the potty… with a newborn baby attached to your left nipple.

Food issues are pretty much the same. I can tolerate a slightly wider range of food options now that I have been on Compazine. We had spring rolls last night and I was pleased that I ate three. I am still ok with chicken amazingly. Fresh tomatoes are still a no go. Basically I have regressed in my eating habits back to what I enjoyed from the time I was aged 7-17. Junk food is good, salad is tolerable, vegetables are the devil. As much as I want to say “oh all I am eating is low fat and I crave lots of vegetables”, I can’t. And those people who can say that right now just bug the crap out of me. I gained about 27 lbs with Leif I believe. This one is going to be a rotten little girl who makes me gain 40 lbs, makes my face break out and turns my hair to an oily mess, I just know it. Girls are like that you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home