Just over 5 weeks now
I am just over 5 weeks now. All the signs are there, sore boobs, frequent nausea and urination, fatigue and a finicky stomach. The nausea seems to be intensifying everyday. At first it was only in the mornings (aka morning sickness), but now it is invading my afternoons and evenings. I fear the coming weeks with regards to nausea. Peeing all the time? Yeah, that’s me. I normally have a bladder the size of a walnut anyways, let’s just compound the issue now! We finally have Leif sleeping through the night pretty consistently and now I am up twice a night to pee? Nice. (No complaints…) Oh and then there is my finicky stomach… I am hungry but I don’t want anything to eat, at least anything that is reasonably accessible.
I feel bloated and my pants are tight. I chalk this up to the bloat and not because I am “showing” – because I am not showing. My pants were already borderline tight, the bloat isn’t helping any! I have a feeling my regular jeans will be saying sayonara for a year or so (here’s hoping at least it is only a year). My dress pants tend to fit looser, so I need to start looking as though I am dressing up for work daily I suppose.
I really need to start going through my closet now and moving the contents to the other closet. I seriously have A LOT of clothes. Enough that I don’t even really know what all is in there. Yeah, those skinny capris from last summer? (That I can’t fit into this summer…) Those can go to the other closet and I can hope to visit them again in two summers.
Like most women I think, with my first pregnancy I was eager to get into some fun maternity clothes. But after 25-28 weeks they were no longer fun anymore, they were annoying and boring and “even these are feeling tight”. Also like most women on their 2nd pregnancies, I don’t relish the thought of switching to maternity clothes anytime soon. However, I hear that with #2 the need comes sooner than #1. They say your body remembers and responds quicker. Nice try attempting to soften the blow that “you are already stretched out and flabby from #1”.
I was hungry for lunch, then I walked to the fridge and decided to come back here and sit down. Gag. A bagel and cream cheese (which has been nearly the only thing I have tolerated for a few days). I have a meeting on the main site in an hour. I am going to attempt to pick something up on my way there. And it might just be a pomegranate frappacino!
I will say that it is a small feat that I ate chicken last night. So far, the anti-chicken mania has not set in.
Smelling Leif’s Nutrigrain Bar this morning though nearly made me hurl. And the little beast kept trying to shove it in my mouth to “taste mommy!” No, really no.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home