And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Monday, August 21, 2006

August 21, 2006: 10 weeks 1 day

I have finally surmounted the single digit weekly count. Ten weeks pregnant. Not yet out of the woods. But getting there. “They” say that when you have pregnancy symptoms you are less likely to experience a loss. And my pregnancy symptoms can’t be missed, by me or by those around me. Yeah, vomiting does that. As does the massive bloat that makes it nearly impossible to wear any of your regular pants despite the fact that you weigh less than you did ten weeks ago and that you truly are not actually showing.

However, given all this, I am still nervous and pray each night for a healthy viable pregnancy that yields a healthy baby boy or girl.

Last week I did end up telling Leif’s daycare that we are expecting. I was unprepared for how quickly news travels there and how many “congratulations” both AB and I received. At least this time around I shouldn’t have the wondering of “if” this baby will get into the Montessori school that Leif attends once he/she is one year old, since we will now have “priority” (a seriously coveted status that brings employees sworn to honesty to the brink of lying for a space). Yeah, I SWORE I wouldn’t buy into that type of hype either.

The morning sickness is improving. I don’t feel great, but I think about where I was a week ago, and I realize I am doing pretty stellar. Next week? Will the sickness be over next week? I am already starting to eat a wider variety of foods, although still quite bland. I got tired of vomiting Frosted Mini Wheats and have switched to Honey Bunches of Oats this weekend. While my stomach is thanking me, my hips are not… I could eat bowl after bowl of that stuff. Yeah… I am feeling better.

I have gained two pounds, so I am up to -3 lbs. I am hoping to go to my 13 week appointment and have maintained the same weight or gained one or two pounds as I was at my 8 week appointment (where I had just started losing weight). AB can’t wait for the 13 week appointment. That is the heartbeat appointment. It was to be week 12, but my doctor will be out of town, so one more week’s wait. Ugh. That week seems like eons away.

So nothing much has changed this last week. A little less sick, not showing yet and no real updates! All is well.

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Jo said...

All is well is the best kind of update. =o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home