And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Monday, August 14, 2006

August 14, 2006: 9 weeks 1 day

Nine weeks, nearing the double digits with respect to weeks!

I am now on Zofran for the nausea. It works reasonably well. It better. At about $22 a pill! Thanks insurance! Work days actually aren’t so bad for me. I sit at my desk most of my day anymore, instead of working in the lab. I guess that’s what happens as you move up the ranks. Less lab time more office time. I am able to sit here and say “gahhh” lots. Only a few people stare as they walk by.

I have decided that I should just limit the number of people that I tell I am taking meds for the nausea. A good friend of mine here at work responded with, “well I guess I just suffered through it and layed on my couch while my son crawled around the floor, I just viewed it as a rite of passage.” Even after stating that I wasn’t just puking once a day in the morning with nausea throughout the day, she acted a little self righteous about it all. And since she only works 16 hours a week as tech… laying on the couch most of the day is an option. I am a full time staff member with project responsibilities. Me = overly sensitive. I have to get through my days somehow. I am down 5 lbs (and my pants don’t fit any better, in fact, they barely fit anymore) and still a few weeks to go until I surmount this first trimester and hopefully rid myself of the nausea all together.

So nine weeks and all is well. Leif is pretty sure he is getting a baby mouse or a baby rabbit… V made my day today by dropping off a most delicious Starbucks gingersnap cookie. Moist, huge, what more could I ask for? Nothing. It made my day. And has now served to show me of a new addiction just waiting to happen.

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Glad to hear you are hanging in.It will soon just be a memory;o)
I agree with you about limiting who you tell. I had a similar revelation with regards to an 'easy' delivery.
Given my kids were all natural-no meds and edging out 8 and 9 pounds and one was posterior there is no such thing as an easy delivery! And NOPE it is not easier because I am a big girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home