NST Day
AB and I dropped Leif at daycare and drove down to our hospital. We were greeted and both of us felt a little nauseated seeing a teeny tiny new baby taken by. Oh my goodness we are going to have one of those in a matter of days. We were taken into the triage room where my belly was equipped with two monitors, one for movement and one for heartrate. The nurse who worked with us was super and I would be thrilled to have her as a L&D nurse.
After about 30 minutes of monitoring she comes back and tells us everything looks super. The heartrate is strong and constant and movement is good. So once they relay the information to the doctor's office and they agree, we will be released. At that point she had to "go catch a baby" and handed us off to another nurse who was to call the doctor's office.
A half hour goes by and we hear nothing. Finally Miss Grump comes in complaining about that no one told her that Dr. M was out of town (it was on the board I saw when we walked in) and so she had been paging him for a half hour. After a couple pages, why not call the office? AB and I were less then impressed and both are HOPING she doesn't show up in our L&D room when our day finally comes.
So all in all, NST was fine, all that worrying last night for nothing! It is 8pm now and I have had a few contractions while sitting, although they weren't consistent. Still though, enough to make me hopeful I might go into labor tomorrow... or the next day? 12 hours till my doctor is back in the office and I can be assured that HE will deliver me. I can make it! I see the light!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home