And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'm going to be pregnant forever

I am nearly positive.

Early this week I was having contractions when I would stand up and walk around. Those contractions are just common place now. I hardly even notice them anymore.

Right now I am just really looking forward to my non-stress test on Monday. I am paranoid about everything at this point. Is the baby moving enough? Too much?

I had one with Leif as well and it was all ok. I sat in a room in the hospital, with my feet up and monitors on my belly. When I felt the baby move I clicked a button. After an hour or so (maybe less) they came in and looked at the results. Leif was a-ok, heartrate was constant without fluctuations, he was moving regularly and I was allowed to continue being pregnant for a few more days.

The idea is not to have to stay at the hospital after the NST. There is only really one reason they would keep me without me being in labor, that would be if the baby was in distress. And if that is the case, then there is a chance for c-section. Which is NOT what I want. So everyone hope for an uneventful NST on Monday.

My doctor is back in town on Tuesday, I see him Wednesday and I have pretty well reconciled myself to the fact that we will probably be inducing on Thursday, if I haven't gone into labor at that point.

I have no signs of impending labor save for the contractions while standing and walking that have been going on for nearly a week now. Maybe it was talking to my doctor on Wednesday and now it is Saturday night, but I have no expectations of going into labor anytime soon.

Unfortunately Thursday night my mom was taken to the hospital (in Colorado) instead of me. I would have traded her places, easy. She had a hernia that caused a bowel obstruction. She is ok now and no need for a bowel resection, thankfully. She is still planning on arriving here on Friday, with strict instructions not to lift anything more than a newborn. Leif will love that - mommy and grandma both out of commission. But what's important is that she is OK and all went well with the surgery.

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Just was thinking about you and the baby! Hope the non-stress test is going well. I keep wondering if the next time you will post will be accompanied with baby pics :)

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom's problems NM. I hoep she is well enough to join you on Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home