February 6, 2007: 34 weeks 2 days
I have a friend who is going through marital problems. One piece of advice I recently gave her is to remember that there is more than one way to do things. When your husband suggests going at things a different way, it isn’t always wrong, step back and be open to suggestions. I had a few opportunities this weekend to put this into play myself. I have my list of things to be tackled and in what seems to be a reasonable order, when AB jumps in and does something completely different it *probably* isn’t simply to annoy me.
AB worked really hard this weekend at getting things, everything it seemed, into the attic. This appeals to my nesting, organizing side. But what he didn’t do, however, was bring anything down. I freaked only a little when he said, “well we don’t need any of that until the baby is here!”
“Carseat!” came spilling out of my mouth! “Clothes need washed! All the other stuff I need to sort through BEFORE I have someone who needs it! How am I supposed to go through stuff and get the nursery ready AFTER I have given birth!” I was nearing my breaking point… where is his sanity?! And doesn’t he realize I am a hormonal, nesting pregnant woman? Do what I say, or else!
“Yes, but I would rather get Leif moved over to his room and have a nice nearly empty nursery to put all the baby stuff instead of constantly moving it around,” he explains.
He has a point. We just have no place to put stuff. Reasoning sets in.
“But that means you will be back up in the attic in 1-2 weeks,” I remind him knowing he hates to go up there. He is fine with that. With the “new” ladder, it isn’t such an inconvenience to go up there apparently. I suppose I can put off my need to lay hands on itty bitty clothes.
Side Leif funny about the ladder and the attic… Leif loves AB’s ladder and we are constantly trying to keep him away from it. Since he is very aware of things being “scary” lately we told him only daddy goes into the attic because it is scary up there. So he was surprisingly, very good at standing at the base of the ladder. He would go and stand there and yell, “Daddy?” AB would yell back, “what Leif?” “I watching you daddy.” I did get a little freaked out at one point though when Leif came running to me and said, “daddy has owies!” I went running (well as close as I can run) to the attic to find out what happened. AB tells me nothing has happened, he had no idea why Leif told me that.
I have less than 6 weeks left, give or take. My feet are swollen today and are barely fitting in my new shoes. Looks like I will be putting them in the back of my closet for a little while. I still seem to be the queen of random aches and pains and after a very long Saturday running errands it was very obvious I had pushed things too far. I wasn’t sure how I was going to finish my grocery shopping. I left with my groceries, skipping the last few aisles and picking up a bottle of water in the check out to drink pretty sure I was having mild contractions. Got home, put my feet up and told AB to unload the car while Leif and I watched a Little Einsteins. Things calmed down and I was fine Sunday. (Though AB did start with the comment, “now I am seeing why I should have brought the carseat down… it is the one thing we need from up there that will go to the hospital with us”. Umm yeah. Next appointment is Wednesday afternoon.
My updated list:
1. Paint guest room for Leif.
2. Leif is excited about the elephant and the new room, so get this finished up. Paint elephant on the wall of the guest room and move Leif’s toys.
3. Shelves for Leif’s books – I like this one:
Pull out the bins, use elsewhere and put the books in the cubbies. Easier for them to stand up this way too! AB… not on board. Why does my husband have to have a decorating opinion? Those of you who struggle with husband’s who never offer an opinion, rejoice.
4. Dresser for the nursery.
5. Bring the baby stuff down out of the attic once nursery is emptied out and Leif has moved.
6. Sort through the baby stuff. Figure out what should be donated versus kept and washed.
7. Buy more Newborn Diapers (need 1 more package and size 1's)
8. Pack bag (LIGHTLY) for the hospital.
-Camera and extra batteries
-Videocamera
-iPod and little speakers
-Going home outfits
-Comfy, but decent looking clothes for me going home. Maternity is a must... silly me last time thought I would be going home in regular clothes. (Don’t forget nursing bra!)
-Travel size containers of shampoo etc.
-Brush
-Toothbrush
-Chapstick
-Hair bands
-Soft socks
-Baby book
-Gift for Leif from baby
-(What else?)
9. Install infant carseat and get checked.
10. Pack Leif a bag for staying at our friends.
-Underwear
-Clothes
-Diapers for night (maybe… we will see how he does sans diapers in the next few days)
-Pajamas
-Extra carseat (maybe… depending on who might have to pick him up.)
-Blanket
-Pillow
-Teddy bear or lion
-Lunchbox
11. Birth plan. Ok, so I really didn't need it last time, but I need to have it just to remind me.
12. Write up list of phone numbers for taking to the hospital.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home