34 Week Appointment
Stats:
Weight gained total: 18 lbs
BP: 106/60
Heart rate: “146 bpm and strong, really strong”
All is still well. Talked with my doctor about the few contractions I had on Saturday, told him I sat down, put my feet up, drank water and they went away. He said that is good up until about 36 weeks, when if I go into labor they will let me go. He also reminded me that having a few contractions now and then at this point isn’t a bad thing as it is softening my cervix.
He felt the baby and asked me what I guessed the weight will be?
“7 lbs 12 oz,” I told him.
“Probably about right for term,” he said. “My guess is it will be 6 lbs 12 oz.”
“Works for me,” I said.
“1 lb less than your term guess since I bet you go at 38 weeks, not 40.”
Heart palpitations! But I don’t have the carseat out of the attic… HUSBAND! But I don’t have little itty bitty clothes washed (that are still in the attic… HUSBAND)! Panic. The guest room IS getting painted this weekend if I have to do it myself (and soften my cervix in the process). Gulp. And oh yeah, that puts me *right* at the time of my big industry client banquet and awards ceremony… I “need” to be at that.
I really and truly am ready to have this baby here. I do enjoy being pregnant, but I am ready for it to be over and to have an itty bitty baby in my arms.
I talked to him briefly about my maternity leave. I am not hugely optimistic. He told me that all he does is sign the papers he gets sent. I explained my dilemma that I have time banked that I can take 8 weeks off, but supposedly we need a really good excuse. He said we would get it worked out and left it at that.
Next visit is on the 20th and I will have the GBS test then and likely, my first internal to check for effacement and dilation.
--------------
Miss Pink Post-Doc is quite intrigued by my pregnancy and is one of the few people that asks about it everytime she sees me, and makes sure to tell me she wants to be pregnant soon (let me guess… she’s hoping for a girl?). I was sitting with she and one of the managers this morning. The manager’s wife is pregnant and due a few months after me so we were comparing notes. I was a little appalled to hear that THEY have the nursery nearly ready for their little girl. (grumble, grumble, grumble) Miss Pink was talking about wanting a baby and the manager told her to be very careful which water fountain she drinks out of, babies are booming around here right now and there is definitely something to that “what’s in the water” statement.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home