And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

September 20: 14 weeks 3 days

Two days and no vomiting OR taking Zofran! Yippee! (Knock on wood…pound heavily on wood… woah, don’t break the shelf AB built.)

AB told me the other night I might be starting to pop out. I think so, but I notice little changes a whole lot quicker than everyone else. I made the comment that with Leif I started showing at 16 weeks or so and he laughed and told me I started showing when I was about 6 months along. Meany. I do know that everyone was surprised when I would say I was 6 months along, but I measured on target up until the end.

My appetite is starting to return, but there is still a lot that I really don’t care to eat. Among them is fish for some reason. I normally love fish. And it doesn’t completely gross me out, not like chicken did last time, or fresh tomatoes do this time. But I would rather not eat it and during the first trimester it seemed to induce compartmentalizing in my stomach. I still am amazed how I could completely sort of the fish from the rice while vomiting... Oh and we can just forget about shellfish. Which means that our foray over to the East side in early October to meet family and go to the Washington State Seafood Festival and OysterFest for me is going to be all about seeing family. Which is fine, but I can’t believe we FINALLY get over for this and I am not going to want to eat anything. A lot can change in two weeks I know. I am still a little queasy here and there, so if that clears up maybe seafood will be ok.

I had been sure earlier on I was feeling movement, even though it was “early”. I felt Leif pretty early. After seeing where the heartbeat was found, I am a little less certain it was movement. I forget how really low my uterus is still. Maybe here soon though I will start feeling movement.

There isn’t a whole lot to report. I am officially out of the first trimester and into my second, the honeymoon phase where everything is wonderful and great. Yippee!

The next appointment is October 10th and we will schedule the ultrasound at that point. I can’t wait for the ultrasound, but just to prepare everyone in advance, we will NOT be finding out the gender. So start thinking about your guesses. (Leif has already guessed sister MANY times.)

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Yay! The second trimester, already. Time flies. Glad to hear the sickness is easing somewhat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home