And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

38 week appointment

AB stayed home to work on his presentation and paper. I arrived and the receptionist couldn’t find me on the roster. I showed her my card that said today and that time, she got my chart and they took me back. The nurse asked me why I was there today… I haven’t found her to be the brightest bulb. Umm, I am here for my 38 week appointment (have you looked at my chart?). Do I not look like I am about to burst? Have you not seen me weekly for the last three weeks? Yet it was like I didn’t even register to her.

My bp was 120/60, a little higher than it has been to this point. I didn’t gain any weight (total weight gain is sitting at 23 lbs). Dr. M came in and was cheery as always. I felt like a big dud. I was tired, not feeling great and frankly ready for him to say, “yep, there it is, that baby is coming out now!” Oh well.

Heartrate was 132 and sounded good and steady. He went to feel for the head and where it is normally sticking out of my lower abdomen, it was gone. He asked me if the baby flipped. I said I really doubted it, in fact this morning while I was walking around a lot I sure felt a lot of pressure. He said the baby may have dropped and good thing we planned to do an internal.

I wiggled and scooched around far too much for a half naked pregnant woman in an effort to get into the stirrups and rear at the base of the bed. So not a pleasant position. And wow, the internal was also NOT anything remotely pleasant. I found my fists clinging to each side of the table. Cervix was high, but soft, baby’s head was on the cervix and no real dilation, though it might be starting. He estimated I should deliver in 7-10 days.

7-10 days! That seems like such a long time!! AB is right… this baby is going to come on my due date and we will never again celebrate our anniversary! Oh well… if it happens that way then so be it. But you know… I really, really would prefer to have this baby this weekend.

-----------------------------

Oh and evidently Rock Turtle is no longer Leif's preferred baby name... it is now Rufus Rosie.

Where in the world?

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Rock Turtle...Rufus Rosie???
Leslie confused :(
(Must read past blogs to try and figure this one out!)

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Nuclear Mom said...

Previous blogs probably won't help! Leif came up with Rock Turtle according to his daycare teacher last week. (Not sure I blogged about it...) Yesterday Rock Turtle was no longer the preferred name and now it is Rufus Rosie and I have NO idea where he got THAT!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

That is too funny!! Thanks for the clarification.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home