You know you look like you are ready to burst when...
you are in Safeway’s Express checkout with six items; milk, eggs, bacon, hamburger buns, a sandwich and a muffin, and after checking out the clerk looks at you and says, “let me get someone to help you out with that”.
(Rolling my eyes.)
I have been a real grump today. A RL friend of mine, who is also pregnant, and I commiserated about this the other evening. I was never this cranky with Leif. She agreed that she wasn’t with her son either. And her husband has confirmed all this with me, he tiptoes around the house afraid to awaken the beast within. She talked to her midwife about it in passing and her midwife told her that it all makes sense really, she is probably having a girl!
And actually, she doesn’t know what she is having yet. She is about 16 weeks along and not scheduled yet for her big ultrasound. But her midwife said that the placenta is full of hormones, estrogen if it is a girl, testosterone if it is a boy. So if you are really cranky, it is most likely an overabundance of estrogen in your body because you are carrying a girl.
I am torn between being the naïve non-biologist who says “oh makes sense!” Or the other side, the skeptical scientist who rolls her eyes (like I did above) and says if it is that easy to tell the gender why hasn’t this been further exploited? Or put on all those websites with the old wives tales to determine the gender of your baby… something like “Are you a serious pain in the rear to those around you? Ok you are having a girl.”
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home