And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Shower

It was really very nice. Everyone was over the top generous. I did not expect a shower with this baby, nor need one. It truly was the last thing from my mind, especially since Leif is only 2.5 years old and I have so much stuff still from him that is perfectly fine and usable. Truly, I am overwhelmed by the generosity.

I don't think I will have to buy diapers for at least 6 months. (Which makes me wonder if they did take my suggestion to just do a "diapers and other disposible essentials" shower?)

In addition to the diapers we received:

-Target gift card
-The softest little mini blanket ever (and the one I seriously contemplated buying when I did my Target trip for the baby a few months ago)
-2 Hooded towels
-8 washclothes
-A homemade, very fluffy hooded towel.
-Starbucks gift card (that will take a hit tomorrow morning)
-Safeway gift card
-2 pairs of tiny socks
-3 bibs (one says "are they really my relatives" and another says "I love my big brother")
-3 flannel receiving blankets
-3 sleepers (0-3 mos)
-Matching mittens to the sleepers
-Rubber duckies and a loofah
-Burp rags
-A "Sweet Pea" onesie that is way too cute
-A "New baby" ornament
-Two containers of wipes
-Two bottles of shampoo
-A growth chart
-A yellow fleece monkey blanket
-Matching yellow fleece monkey overalls that are WAY cute.
-Candles (for me)
-2 picture frames for my black and white wall
-Baby wash
-Baby slippers
-Stuffed bear

Like I said, way generous and thoughtful too. I am beside myself.

2 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Sounds like you have some wonderful giving friends! Now you can cross off buying diapers from your list :)

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Kacey said...

How wonderful. In my circle no one recognized my second pregnancy and it really hurt. I had a coworker who was due just two weeks from me and I went to her baby shower with such a heavy heart. It wasn't about the stuff although we did need some since the kids were born off season from each other but it was more about wanting to be celebrated yanno?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home