And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Monday, February 12, 2007

February 12, 2007: 35 weeks 1 day

Six days until my doctor said he will let me go into labor and not stop it! Not that I actually feel as though I am going to go into labor… I have a lot more aches, pains and contractions than I ever did with Leif, but I can only hope they are pointing me in that direction. AB said I can’t have the baby until March since he bought me March birthstone earrings (for my birthday). Yeah… I am not preventing this baby from coming in favor of my earrings! (Which I love regardless.) Even my big industry client banquet on March 5th isn’t looking more appealing than birthing this child… that says something.

I went through my list of things to do and was shocked at how much I was able to pull off the list. I pulled the painting off since it is most of the way done. Bought shelves for Leif’s room this weekend (but I need to go back and pick up the second set of shelves since they were out of stock).

I ordered a dresser for the baby’s room since we will be moving the painted one into Leif’s room. He is particularly attached at least to the knobs. I spent hours looking for the “right” dresser both in stores and online. Online is far less expensive, but then the shipping and handling charges are more than I can stomach, with the added bummer of not being able to put my hands on the dresser. But our selection locally just isn’t what I want. If I weren’t so far along, we would have driven over to Seattle for a night to do some shopping.

So after all this searching and hunting I just happened to wander over to Sears.com (I never go there because I cannot stand that store), where I found pretty much exactly what I wanted for about half the price and a $45 shipping fee. I looked at it a few times this morning and then finally stuck it in my cart and hit “check out”. In the picture it doesn’t look like a piece-o-crap, but the price has me skeptical. AB reminded me that it was inexpensive enough that if it only works for 2 years and then we dump it in favor of a “set” for this child, it won’t be a big deal.

It is a blue five drawer wooden dresser. The knobs are very plain and so once I have the baby, I am planning on adding new knobs to the list pending the gender outcome. (I saw the most adorable ladybug knobs at Target.com.)

Hormones have been getting the better of me lately. If I am not in tears (most recently, thank you Grey’s Anatomy) then I am cranky. I was sobbing out of sheer frustration on Saturday as I loaded laundry up. Leif sat there laughing at me (I am sure he thought I was laughing), which only made me cry harder. Amazingly though, AB told me the other day he thought I was more hormonal when I was pregnant with Leif. I disagreed, but he said I am just better at shielding myself from things I know will get to me right now then I was with Leif.

I am finding my work load picking up, which isn’t exactly what I hoped to happen at this point. Luckily, a lot of it is desk work. I will have a little lab work sometime this week or next depending on when some parts arrive and then I am really hoping to say bye to the lab until I get back from maternity leave.

The new list:

1. Paint elephant on the wall of the guest room and move Leif’s toys.
2. Ordered dresser for the nursery, set it up when it arrives.
3. Bring the baby stuff down out of the attic.
4. Sort through the baby stuff. Figure out what should be donated versus kept and washed.
5. Buy size 1 diapers
6. Pack bag (LIGHTLY) for the hospital.
-Camera and extra batteries
-Videocamera
-iPod and little speakers
-oing home outfits
-Comfy, but decent looking clothes for me going home. Maternity is a must... silly me last time thought I would be going home in regular clothes. (Don’t forget nursing bra!)
-Travel size containers of shampoo etc.
-Brush
-Toothbrush
-Chapstick
-Hair bands
-Soft socks
-Baby book
-Gift for Leif from baby
-Insurance forms
-(What else?)
7. Install infant carseat and get checked.
8. Pack Leif a bag for staying at our friends.
-Underwear
-Clothes
-Diapers for night (maybe… we will see how he does sans diapers in the next few days)
-Pajamas
-Extra carseat (maybe… depending on who might have to pick him up.)
-Blanket
-Pillow
-Teddy bear or lion
-Lunchbox
9. Birth plan. Ok, so I really didn't need it last time, but I need to have it just to remind me.
10. Write up list of phone numbers for taking to the hospital.
11. Write up Leif “instructions” – outline of his day, etc.

1 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Kacey said...

wow I can't believe you are almost there. We can't wait to hear the news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home