Feb 21, 2007: 36 weeks 3 days
My 36 week appointment was today and all went well. Since AB is now jobless, he went with me. We both really like my ob, and so he was happy to see him. He always says he could see us being friends with he and his wife. Yeah, me notsomuch. My friends have seen plenty of me above the waist from a year of nursing Leif... I would prefer my friends also not have seen me below the waist.
Stats:
BP - 110/60
Weight - Gain of 3 lbs in 2 weeks. (!!!) Up a total of 21 lbs.
Heartrate - 136-140 bpm
Dr. M helped me lean back onto the table and went to feel for the baby and was surprised by a massive flip. He wow's and marvelled at the strength and even said, "that was weird" a few times. He asked me if I was sure the baby had been head down the last few weeks because he could have sworn the baby just did a 180. I reassured him that it has definitely been head down... want to see the bruises on my ribs? And actually it wasn't *that* huge of a flip.
We talked about labor signs and when to go to the hospital at this point. (Basically whenever.) To call if there is a decrease in movement, etc. Think we are set to go there. He reitterated that we are set to go at this point and that 38 weeks is an awfully good time to birth. (I agree with him.)
It was the GBS swab day. Lovely. So I stripped from the waist down. I am quite positive that AB was more disappointed that he didn't check me for progress. In fact, he stopped him and said, "aren't you going to check for dilation?" He said, "well I can next week, but if she isn't having regular contractions then I doubt there is progress".
All I really heard though was "next week". Weekly appointments. Yikes. I am, really truly am, *that* close. Panic.
Oh yeah, I started writing my birth plan. Ha! I doubt I will need a lactation consultant (something I wrote in last time). I have no desire to try for 100% natural this time... epidural me. (Though I will labor naturally as long as I feel like it.) I finally told AB I am just going to walk in with a piece of paper that says "Birth plan - Give me an epidural when I start to cry".
Current list:
1. Ordered dresser for the nursery, set it up when it arrives.
2. Bring the baby stuff down out of the attic (AB this week!).
3. Sort through the baby stuff. Figure out what should be donated versus kept and washed.
4. Buy size 1 diapers
5. Pack bag (LIGHTLY) for the hospital.
-Camera and extra batteries
-Videocamera
-iPod and little speakers (update and organize iPod - make birth playlist so Big Brown Beaver doesn't come on while birthing.)
-Going home outfits
-Comfy, but decent looking clothes for me going home. Maternity is a must... silly me last time thought I would be going home in regular clothes. (Don’t forget nursing bra!)
-Travel size containers of shampoo etc.
-Brush
-Toothbrush
-Chapstick
-Hair bands
-Soft socks
-Baby book
-Gift for Leif from baby
-Insurance forms
-(What else?)
6. Install infant carseat and get checked.
7. Pack Leif a bag for staying at our friends.
-Underwear
-Clothes
-Pajamas
-Extra carseat (maybe… depending on who might have to pick him up.)
-Blanket
-Pillow
-Teddy bear or lion
-Lunchbox
8. Write up list of phone numbers for taking to the hospital.
9. List of e-mails for AB.
10. Write up Leif “instructions” – outline of his day, etc.
2 Comments:
Hi NM,
I looked up what I took to the hospital with me and we have a lot of the same things, but here are a few items I didn't see on your list that might be useful. I know you are trying to keep your bag light.
I actually took two bags. One backpack with important papers, baby book and stuff I would need before the birth of the baby. Then after she was born, Pat brought in my small suitcase with my things. It worked out good for us. However, I had Averie at a hospital in MD and not around here. They had us change rooms after the baby was born, so I didn't want too much stuff in the delivery room. But I am sure things are different here.
Here is the list:
-Pediatrician phone number
-Pens
-Special food/snacks for dad
-Change of clothes for
dad...swimming trunks if you plan
to use the tub
-5 one dollar bills for vending
machine
-Front open style night gown for
breastfeeding
-mittens for baby (for scratching)
-baby hat/baby socks/small blanket
-deodorant
-Lansinoh Breast Cream (I needed
this a lot)
-Slippers for walking the halls(if
you wear them)
-Feed the dog(or have someone take
care of it)
Hope this helps :)
Thank you so much! Yes, there are some things on there I hadn't given thought to.
Post a Comment
<< Home