October 30, 2006: 20 weeks 1 day, Halfway there!
I type “halfway there” and I have to be joking. It can’t really be? Can it? Just the mere thought really stresses me out. Twenty weeks to get the Co-Sleeper set up in our room, wash and sort the baby clothes we have? Not a problem.
The problem? Twenty weeks to get Leif ready. Yes, we have been talking about the impending arrival. Leif knows very well, at least the words, baby in mommy’s tummy. He kisses my tummy regularly and tells people about the baby. And could I smother him with kisses anymore to make him understand he is my number one guy? I don’t think so.
What kills me right now is 20 weeks to get Leif transitioned and settled. My plan to leave him in his room have shifted to get him moved out and settled in his own big boy room before the baby comes. He still has one crutch, 3 oz of warmed whole milk in a bottle before bed. I want that to end also. To this point I have purchased Strawberry milk in an effort to give him a choice, he can have warm Strawberry milk in a cup before bed, or his ba-ba. Two nights down and apparently even Strawberry milk can’t beat the ba-ba. Yikes. A bottle isn’t that bad I know. If I hadn’t admitted here that Leif gets a bottle before bedtime, you wouldn’t have known.
Leif is out of the crib and currently sleeping on the crib mattress (mostly) on the floor. I was too freaked out of him falling out of the converted crib – and the “mostly” above comes from the fact that he rolls off the crib mattress at least once a night. We bought a side rail for a twin bed and I just scored the quilt set I was coveting for his room on Overstock. It was in stock, I loved it, couldn’t justify the purchase, shopped around a lot, got a coupon from Overstock, went to go buy it and it was sold out. By some small twist of fate it was back in stock today and my coupon didn’t expire until tomorrow. Not bad… $64 including shipping for a reversible quilt, bed skirt, sham and throw pillow. I know you are dying to see it: Quilt set (I am thinking his new room should be painted orange and sage…) Oh and thanks to V for helping AB to realize what a really extraordinary deal it was!
Because I really want to avoid Leif feeling like he was moved to another room and his room given away to the baby, I want to have him out of the nursery and into his new room (the current guest room), and settled a few months before the baby arrives. Convincing AB of this has been my challenge. But slowly, about the speed of molasses, he is coming along. My plan is to leave the crib down and put the guest queen bed in the nursery for guests right after the baby arrives (who will be in our room anyways). I am worried about the things that Leif sees as his, his chair (a padded rocker) that he exclaims routinely “mine”. “We” are hoping in the transition to the new room that laying in bed and reading before sleeping will be an acceptable alternative. Also his dresser that I painted and has animal knobs. He really needs one he can get his stuff in and out of easier, the drawers on this one are a pain. But he loves the painted scenes and knobs. *Sigh* Do I move that dresser into the new room (it would match) and get a new dresser for the nursery?
I am feeling very rushed about now. The first 20 weeks flew by and that time didn’t even encompass the upcoming set of holidays that encourages time to take flight each year. Before I know it, my due date is going to be around the corner.
Details? I am up about 3.5 lbs. My waist is thick, much thicker than with Leif. Courtesy of the full 6” sandwich and donut I had this afternoon? I still have very little movement going on. The baby is obviously still breach. I know, plenty of time to flip. But I know this because the only movement I get are tiny little kicks, very, very low. My next appointment is November 8th.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home