October 23, 2006: 19 weeks 1 day
Remember that song by Bow Wow Wow in the mid 80’s, I Want Candy? (Candy on the beach there’s nothing better, but I like candy when it’s wrapped in a sweater. Someday soon I’ll make you mine, then I’ll have candy all the time. I want candy! I want candy!) Ok, so I know it *really* isn’t about candy, despite what my 14 year old (or so) brain thought, but that song has been my mantra for this last week. Candy, chocolate, caramel apple empenadas from Taco Bell, a baked Braeburn with brown sugar and ice cream, chocolate fudge from the Mercantile this weekend… if it’s sweet it’s on my list.
Isn’t craving sweets a sign of a girl? I never craved sweets with Leif. Frosted Mini Wheats were as sweet as I got with him. Scary when Laffy Taffy strikes me as “this is fine for lunch today”. Yes, I better watch it. I have yet to gain any appreciable weight according to the scale (the mirror tells me otherwise) but it won’t stay that way unless I can get my sweets cravings under control! Not to mention the possibility of gestational diabetes.
Things are going well, I still rarely feel the baby move. When I do it catches me as such a surprise. With Leif if he wasn’t moving I noticed it.
I seem to belong more in my maternity clothes lately too. I have a tummy, somedays larger then others, but it is there most of the time now.
Leif and I did webcam with my mom this weekend and when we asked him where the baby was he patted my boobs. Well close… they have gotten substantially larger as well, so it is no wonder he is a little confused. We went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner on Friday and sat in a booth, behind us was a baby in a carrier and Leif announced to the entire restaurant a number of times “mommy baby tummy!” I am sure the seemingly quick departure of the couple with their baby was prompted by Leif’s overexuberance towards their baby.
2 Comments:
Laffy Taffy does make a great lunch. Dont let anyone tell you any different.
I cant wait to hear funny Leif stories when the kid is actually born. You are going to have to video tape everything. lol
Laffy Taffy does make a great lunch. Dont let anyone tell you any different.
I cant wait to hear funny Leif stories when the kid is actually born. You are going to have to video tape everything. lol
Post a Comment
<< Home