And baby #2

Warning, hormones will fly, heads may roll, but I still love you all.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Nearly sunk in

Just about. Not completely yet, but I am just about there. Since my nausea is only mild and isolated in the morning for the most part so far (knock on wood) I still yearn for that glass of wine with dinner. But that's an easy no go.

The harder thing? My poker face. This morning one of the admins who is a couple years younger than me and just had her 3rd baby came into my office and says, "So are you pregnant?" I was so taken aback. I stuttered and stammered, my face turns red.

She stops, looks at me and squeals, "Oh my God, you are!"

I managed a nod.

"Oh my goodness," she goes on giggling. "I was joking because I had a dream about you this last weekend and you were pregnant!"

"Ok psychic!!" I tell her. She promises me she won't tell a soul. At this point we have only told our immediate family and here is an admin who I am not *that* close with and she knows! GAH.

A little later I am sitting at my desk slaving over the concept paper I am writing. My admin's office mate walks by, also an admin, sticks her head in my office and says, "I know your secret, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone."

GAH!!

----------------------------------------

So telling the family went pretty good. We sent out an e-mail with a picture of Leif in a t-shirt that said "I'm going 2B a Big Brother!" For my mom we got on the webcam and made her read Leif's t-shirt. There were many tears.

Yes, it is hokey, but I am pregnant and entitled to hokey. And retrospect I don't think it was probably the best approach for a few reasons. I guess the most disappointing part of it all was that instead of calling us immediately a few people called others and shared our news for us.

(Headline... Pregnant lady rips throat of family member out over the phone.)

Yes, steal our thunder. Don't even let them open the e-mail. Whatever.

The second one was that I wanted my mom to be among the first to find out. We sent out the e-mail and then I called her to do a webcam. Not home. And then not home for a full day! GAH! Here we are telling people and I haven't told my mom. I should have coordinated better.

Add to the list of things that annoy the crap out of you is the stupid things people say when they find out. How about the all classic, "Was it planned?" What f'ing difference does it make, it's a baby, be happy? Sheesh, imagine my response if it wasn't planned.

Suffice it to say that everyone is really thrilled, albeit a little tongue tied and lacking proper etiquette for such announcements.

So here is proper etiquette... let's role play:

"We're pregnant."

"Wow, I am so happy for you! You don't even look it, you look radiant! Having two kids is the most fantastic thing, you will never be stressed and you will have copious amounts of time for both children! You are truly blessed and let me know if I can be of any help, OK?"

And that's it. No need to say anything more, just exude happiness.
---------------------------------------------

So this blog theme is pink... in hopes that we might end up having one of each. AB is hoping "mildly" for another boy. I am hoping "mildly" for a girl. But we both are fine with whatever we get.

Names... we have started looking for names and if I get brave I might post some of the selections. This is something we didn't do with Leif was share the name possibilities. We will debate that with this one. Also gender identification. AB was leaning towards finding out the gender, while I was leaning towards not again. Another decision to be made.

My first prenatal appointment is August 8th, already! I can't believe it will be so soon, but I suppose that is 8 weeks. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home